HomePage - Wojciech (maxest) Sterna
Wojciech (maxest) Sterna
location: Warsaw, Poland
More detailed info on my LinkedIn profile.
- Programmer at Some VR Startup, Warsaw, Poland, 2016 Oct. - Present
- Graphics Programmer at CD PROJEKT RED, Warsaw, Poland, 2016 March - 2016 Oct. (7 months)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
- Co-owner at Blossom Games, 2013 Nov. - Present
- Engine Programmer at Flying Wild Hog, Warsaw, Poland, 2013 Sep. - 2015 Feb. (1 year 6 months)
- Shader Programmer at Madman Theory Games, Wrocław, Poland, 2012 Feb. - 2013 Aug. (1 year 7 months)
- DevTech Engineer Intern at NVIDIA Europe, London, United Kingdom, 2011 May - July (3 months)
- Intern at Techland, Wrocław, Poland, 2009 Oct. - Nov. (2 months)
MaxestFramework, my own framework on which I try things (mostly rendering-related), 2015 - Present
Components: essentials, system, math, net, image, mesh, gpu (D3D11)
Demos/samples: ssao, depth of field, antialiasing, soft shadows, ray tracer, Fourier transform
- Deferred Lighting on Android demo, 2012 (yes, I was a little late to publish it on the blog)
- Vainmoinen, bachelor thesis project (includes the thesis), software rasterizer, 2011 - 2012
- FreeShoppa, Worms 2D-inspired roper-only game, 2007
- IceWar (PL), snow-themed FPS game, 2005 - 2006
- II LO w 3D (PL), visit my high-school, 2005 - 2006
Main skills: C/C++, C#, CUDA, Direct3D 9/10/11, OpenGL 2.0/3.0, real-time rendering, shaders (HLSL/GLSL), VR, video games, game engines, Unity, ray-tracing (some), Python, machine learning (just starting; Torch and TensorFlow), algorithms, math, physics (a bit), multiplatform programming, multiplayer programming (some).
- Master's degree studies in Advanced Computer Graphics at Linköping University, Campus Norrköping, Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2011 Aug. - 2012 Jan. (1 semester)
Resigned after first (passed) semester
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Wrocław University of Technology, Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology, Poland, 2007 Sept. - 2011 Jan. (7 semesters)
I like to know how things work under the hood.
Yeah, I like sharing my knowledge :).
- Contact-hardening Soft Shadows Made Fast, 2018
- Practical Gather-based Bokeh Depth of Field, chapter 4.3 in GPU Zen, Black Cat Publishing, 2017
- Robust Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, chapter 4.2 in GPU Zen, Black Cat Publishing, 2017
- Managing Transformations in Hierarchy (co-author), chapter 5.3 in GPU Pro 5, A K Peters, 2014
- Variance Shadow Maps Light-Bleeding Reduction Tricks, chapter 4.1 in GPU Pro 2, A K Peters, 2011
- Porting Code between Direct3D9 and OpenGL 2.0, chapter 8.3 in GPU Pro, A K Peters, 2010
- Vertex Projection onto a Plane, 2008
- Books (PL)
- OpenGL i wprowadzenie do programowania gier (OpenGL and Introduction to Games Programming), 400 pages, NAKOM, 2008
- Delphi. 10 praktycznych programów (Delphi. 10 Practical Programs), 200 pages, MIKOM, 2005
- Delphi. Od podstaw (Delphi. The Basics), 500 pages, MIKOM, 2004
- Presents - list of presents that you can get me for my birthday, Christmas, etc.
- Quotes - various quotes I like
last update: 8th of June, 2018